Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scavenger Hunts and Site Updates

My first photo scavenger hunt is completed and I came in 5th place out of 11 participants.  Not bad for my first attempt!  The next one starts soon so I'm hoping to do better.  I didn't find 4 of the items on the list, which cost me 20 points, so my goal for May's hunt is to get all items for that extra bonus!  You can see all the items I managed to find for April's hunt here.

Not much else going on.  Mother's Day is tomorrow so we'll be making the rounds to visit moms.  I made gifts for my mom, mom-in-law, grandma and mama this year.  But since some of them read my blog I can't say what it is just yet.  But I'll likely be posting photos in the coming days as it's a first attempt at this type of project.

I've been working a lot with some of our "pet projects" this week.  One of them is our PetResearch.net blog, which we just set up discussion forums for.  If anyone has pet related issues to discuss, check it out!  It's a wealth of information already and growing steadily.

Another site we've started noodling around with is our Garden and Home site.  It's basically the same idea as the pet research site, but for information about craft projects, gardening tips, recipes, etc.  We just got the first post up yesterday (a small how-to on hand made Mother's Day cards) so it's a newbie site and still pretty small.  We have faith that it will grow nicely though.

Happy Mother's Day to all you hot momma's out there.  Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm this scavenger hunt sounds interesting...tell me more please :) How do I sign up, what does one have to do, etc etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be a Flickr member to play along (which everyone should be - Flickr rocks!) Then you have to join the ANSH (All New Scavenger Hunt) group. There they list all the rules and how things are scored. I'll give you the basics. Each person in the group lists 3 scavenger items and 1 challenge item. Generally the end result is 30 scavenger items to find and 10 challenges. Challenges are things like the "longest hair", "smallest tv", most photos of churches, etc. You have 30 days to photograph these items. You get extra points if you are the one of the first 3 to post an item. You get 20 extra points if you find all list items. And then a point for each item you find. At the end of the hunt there is a vote on all items and you get extra points if your photo receives more than half of the votes cast.

    Right now we're starting a new round so it's a good time to jump in. We're in the list phase where we're throwing out ideas and then the photographing begins next weekend, not sure of the day yet. Right now we have United States and New Zealand players currently participating. It's great fun! Check out the group and read through all the rules and most recent group threads and see what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete