This is the smallest chicken egg I've ever seen! This often happens when a new hen or a young hen begins laying for the first time.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
Looks like I'm going to be seeing a lot of these views from now on! I set up a photo "studio" for indoor macros and such in the craft loft. On top of that, Jason hooked me up with a 32" TV and Mac Mini running Ubuntu Linux for instant photo production via Gimp, streaming music or watching Myth TV while I craft, photograph and create. It's going to be a very crafty and productive winter!
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Lois Lane is such a Daddy's girl. She's wearing the Kong Cloud cone because she just had surgery to remove another spot of cancer on her side. She's been moping around eating up the extra attention she's getting. (These collars are so much better than the cone of shame and more comfortable for the dog, also).
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Sometimes Buddy just cracks me up. I guess he was a little tired this evening and couldn't be bothered to stand up and eat. He would lay his head on the bowl until the food fell on the floor and then ate it from the rug. Silly dog.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Mom and Dad bought a new car so I took the opportunity to buy their 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin. This is replacing my 2000 F-150, which I love dearly, but has seen better days. So today I'm getting the insurance set up on it, yesterday I got all my stuff transferred from the truck to the new truck, title transfer is in the works and I'm good to go!
Friday, November 30, 2012
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012
I've recently been catching up on the first two seasons of American Horror Story since we finally got them all. It's cold and dreary out so Giant Dawg accompanied me on the couch to watch a few episodes. Doesn't he look thrilled?
Monday, November 12, 2012
Buddy Bingo is staying with us for a week while Mom and Dad are on vacation. It gets confusing having two dogs named Buddy in the house sometimes, but at least they both come when you call to either one of them. :P
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Blackjack is a resident raccoon at Second Chances Wildlife Center. He can not be re-released into the wild due to metabolic bone disease caused from an incorrect diet by the initial people that tried to rescue him and were not aware of a raccoon's diet needs. He was a very friendly dude who likes to give lots of kisses. While we were there we also met two other raccoons, two skunks, several opossums, two flying squirrels, two baby squirrels and a little brown bat. If you have some spare change, I urge you to donate to Second Chances - they stand for a great cause and work hard at what they do.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Saturday, August 25, 2012
This is Fender, a pure bred pit bull and one of the sweetest, goofiest dogs I've ever met. He's a weenie too - I watched a chihuahua nip his nose and make him squeal like a baby.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
I bought a pink LED collar for Lois Lane since she often roams around in the un-fenced back yard while we are sitting on the porch at night. Since she is black we can't see her at all, but with this handy collar I know exactly where she is! Want one? Get one here in your choice of color!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
The chickens are starting to produce! We got one first egg yesterday that Jason found in the pen. Today there were two actually in the nesting box where they belong. Looks like we'll have eggs out the wazoo here soon!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Goldie is funny. He's one of the laziest fish I've ever seen. He lays on the bottom of the tank or on top of his rock mountain way more than he swims. I usually mostly see him swimming when I feed him. I don't know why I keep upgrading his tank - I guess to give him more rocks to lay on.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Feb 13, 2007 vs. Feb 13, 2009 vs June 5, 2012
So it’s been 5 years since I wrote my original “100 Things About Me” and 3 years since I did an update. So now it's time to see what all has changed in the last several years. The black text is the original from 2007, the blue is the update from 2009 and the green is for 2012. Good for you if you make it to the end – this is a really long one!
- My first name is Christy but most of my family calls me Dawn (which is my middle name).
Yup, this is still the case.
And still the case, likely always will be, but I answer to both.
- I have the best husband in the whole, wide world!!
Definitely – hands down!
Always! Almost married 12 years now...together for 18.
- I've had pet rats for over 10 years...they're cute!
I don’t have pet rats anymore, though I miss them lots. However I have acquired three pet mice, so I’m not exactly rodent free. See mouse pictures here.
Still don't have rats again yet. Nor do I have mice. Now I have 6 gerbils! What can I say, I like rodents.
- I moved a lot growing up resulting in living in 4 different states and going to 8 different schools.
We may be adding a state to this list in the next few years, but that’s still just an idea we’re kicking around.
We didn't add a new state, but did add a new county and are hopefully in our forever home.
- I hate most types of cheese.
No change here – cheese, blech.
Miraculously, I'm beginning to like some cheeses - yay me!
- My college degree is a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration focusing on Computer Information Systems.
No change here – and the degree is still in full use.
Yup - and still in the computer field focusing on Web and SEO.
- I can easily sleep 12 hours every night (though rarely get a chance to).
Still a sleep fiend – still don’t get enough of it .
I don't think this will ever change, though I'm getting better at functioning on less sleep.
- I love organizing things...it's just fun...you should see my craft room.
Said craft room has barely been used in the last year – but it is still organized.
I should really organize a bit more - craft room got reorganized last year after I unpacked from the move.
- I love Arts and Crafts, I'll try out just about anything that looks interesting.
And one day I’ll have time to do this again.
Still love crafting, but in the winter time I get into it a little more than when it's pretty outside.
- Photography is a recent new hobby...my Nikon D50 is my friend.
Still a growing hobby, actually my hobby of choice in my free time. And I’ve upgrade the D50 to a D80 and have added a few more lenses, a light kit, a speedlight and a lot of miscellaneous gadgets to the mix. See my photos here.
I still dabble with wildlife photography when I get a chance. Still have the D80 though would love to upgrade one day when I have some money to blow.
- My fingernails and toenails are off limits - nothing touches them and certainly nothing goes under them.
Off limits! Though I did manage my first pedicure in the last two years thanks to my neighbor and good friend, Wendy. It wasn’t too bad, but not something I yearn to do.
I've gotten brave and had several pedicures in the last couple of years thanks to my good friend Christina!
- I have a blue belt in Kenpo karate.
Jason has informed me that we were up to our green belt when we stopped lessons. See how much I pay attention?
Never did get back into Kenpo aside from some Cardio workouts here and there.
- I own my own business which has recently become my second full time job.
And still is my second full time job! My goal it to only have one job here in the next few years.
Goal met! I quit my KFB job in October of 2010 to work for our company, Webfoo, Inc. I work with Jason every day from our home office and absolutely love it!
- I take my coffee with splenda and heavy cream.
Last year I discovered Mocha flavored splenda. So now chocolate coffee is my favorite! And I’ve ditched the heavy cream for regular creamer – not on low-carb anymore.
And I'm back to splenda and heavy cream again since we are on low-carb once again.
- My average body temperature is 96.8 - I'm always cold.
Unfortunately I don’t think this will ever change.
Still the case - still cold natured.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is the sound of people chewing their food.
I will never get over this. *urk*
Never, ever, ever will get over this.
- I legally adopted my daughter, Portia, in December of 2004. She is 14 years old.
Portia is now 16 – I haven’t disowned her yet. ;)
She's now 19 and moved out on her own. I'm old!
- I plan to retire by the time I am 40.
Yup – in the works.
Still in the works!
- I will only be 35 when Portia graduates high school.
As long as she doesn’t flunk a grade this will hold true – I think we’re safe!
She made it!
- I have a tattoo of a black panther on my right ankle.
Still there. Would like another, but not sure what yet. Or where.
Will be getting my new one in the next month - I know exactly what I want now.
- Due to the fact that I hate to shave, I had laser hair removal done on my legs, pits and bikini line.
Still shaving – this procedure diminished the amount of shaving required, but didn’t eliminate the need entirely.
Still shaving - still much better - will have it all done one day when I'm rich! ;)
- I'm always up for bartering for web work...that's how I got the laser hair removal.
I still do this within reason – but money is best. Afterall, it pays the bills.
Don't barter so much these days since it's our prime business. Though it doesn't mean we won't if it works out for both parties.
- I get allergy shots once a week.
I’m down to once every three weeks now.
I met my 5 years of shots and stopped them this year. Allergies are kicking back in again now that I've quit. Grr.
- I never had allergies until I moved back to Kentucky.
If we make that move they might go away again. Having the mice hasn’t helped.
I have to face it, I'm stuck with Ohio Valley and rodent allergies.
- Allergies suck.
- I'm a computer nerd.
It's kinda my job...I'm also a social media addict.
- There are 10 working computers in my house.
I believe this is still true – give or take.
I believe we are at 8 now. Plus two tablets.
- My cursive writing sucks, I always print.
Still true – I don’t even bother to write cursive unless signing my name.
Hate to cursive write - always print when I can.
- I have never been out of the country.
Still true – though I’d love to go to Australia.
Probably never will - but I did make it to California twice in the last two years.
- There is a 125 gallon reef tank in my living room.
Not anymore. We’ve downgraded to two 1-gallon beta bowls each with a single fish. You can see my fish, Poe, here.
We are now at a 75 gallon reef tank, a 5 gallon guppie tank and a 2 gallon betta bowl.
- All three of my dogs have birthdays that fall on holidays.
And all three are alive and well. And we’re pondering adding another to the mix. You can see my pups here! :)
We had to say goodbye to Blue two weeks ago. Buddy was our fourth. Now it's just him and Lois Lane.
- I started chewing on my fingernails in kindergarten and still do.
Still do, though try not to.
Still a very bad habit.
- I drive a Ford Escape.
The Escape now belongs to Portia. I now drive a Ford F-150 pickup and LOVE it.
Ended up selling the Escape. Still driving the F-150 and hopefully buying my parent's SportTrac when they are ready to sell it.
- I love snow but hate the cold.
Still true – and another reason for pondering a move further south.
Funny, we moved a tad bit north. Still hate cold.
- Beer is my alcohol of choice...rum and diet coke is a close second.
Mmmm beer. Like white zinfandel wine as well.
Love my beer. More of a vodka and sprite these days though.
- I wear a bite guard at night because I grind my teeth.
I do still grind my teeth, but since having my porcelain crown replaced with a gold one, I no longer need the bite guard. (I broke the porcelain one in 3 pieces – my dentist said I needed a more durable crown).
Had to start wearing my bite guard again - then I left it out and one of the dogs ate it. So now I don't have one.
- I hate to talk on the phone.
Still true – I’d rather chat on IM. I can multi-task a little better that way.
Yup - I love the invention of texting!
- I have been pulled over 4 times but have never gotten a ticket.
I’ve managed to be a good driver the last two years – no more pull overs.
Knock on wood - haven't been pulled over in the last 5 years.
- Three of the four times I was pulled over for turning left on red.
Haven’t done that anymore either.
I learned my lesson on this one.
- I love to read.
Love it, just not much time for it. I joined a book club but have missed the last two meetings. My book list is here.
Still love to read, especially now that I have a Kindle!
- I collect rat figurines.
Not so much anymore.
Nope, not anymore.
- One of my cousin's played football for the University of Louisville.
And he’s getting married this year! Congrats Matt!
And now he's married and coaching in PA!
- I have 5 email addresses that I use on a daily basis.
I’m down to four now.
Umm back up to 5, sometimes more if you count client emails I have.
- When I eat apples I also eat the core...seeds and all.
Still like those apple cores.
Yup, and now we are growing our own apple trees. Many cores to eat!
- I hate doing laundry.
I don’t think you can learn to like doing laundry. But I did get a new dryer that kicks booty.
Laundry has gotten better since the new house has a laundry chute and I only have to carry clothes back up one set of stairs.
- I don't cook - Jason is the cook in the family.
Thank goodness for Jason or I’d have starved to death by now. :P
I've been trying to cook a little more - still don't care for it though.
- I have been involved in a hit and run accident - luckily the guy was a moron
and I got his plate number.
And got a nice settlement for it too – hello screened in porch!
No more wrecks! (Again, knock on wood). I do miss my porch at the old house. Ironically, we have a guy coming out today to quote us on a new one at the new house.
- I can't sleep with socks on.
Nope, not possible unless it’s 42 degrees in the house, such as last month during our ice storm provoked two day power outage.
Not unless I absolutely have to!
- I love writing with colored ink pens - purple is my favorite.
I’ve recently found that colored thin point sharpies are the best, even if they are stinky.
I still have a ton of colored ink pens. Paper Mate Ink Joy is my new favorite brand.
- My co-workers bring me empty kleenex boxes to give to my rats to play in.
Not anymore – no ratties and the mice don’t shred them as quick as the rats did.
Gerbils love boxes too - but no more co-workers to get them from. They get 12-pack coke cartons instead.
- I love to eat raw biscuit dough.
Jason always saves me one uncooked biscuit. Did I mention that he’s the best?
Much to my friend's disgust, I still love raw biscuit dough. Jason still saves me some. :)
- I can barely stand to watch tv without my TiVo...commercials suck.|
The TiVo is still hanging in there.
With the analog channels gone, thus so is the TiVo. Now we have an Insight DVR and it pretty much sucks.
- My favorite outfits consist of comfortable jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.
Still my fav – and now we get 2 jeans Friday’s a month at work. Woot!
These days my attire consists of mostly PJs since I commute from the main floor to the basement office. Classy!
- I hate to shop...unless it's for craft supplies.
Replace craft supplies with photography equipment.
Still like shopping for craft and photography supplies - and lately household decor for the new house.
- I practically live on my screened in porch in the summer.
I can’t wait until summer. Thanks to hurricane Ike and the latest ice storm we now have to replace two panels of screen.
As mentioned, still no porch, but working on getting that started with a quote today.
- I love to water ski but refuse to snow ski.
But would love to go tube sledding!
Still refuse to snow ski. Would love to water ski again though.
- When I was 6 years old I made my brother eat a dandelion. I told him it tasted like peanut butter.
Now he has a kid to do these goofy things.
It hurts my heart to say Jeremy left to be with the angels this past October. I think of him every single day. :(
- I stopped picking on my brother when he was big enough to pick me up and turn me upside down.
I still don’t pick on him- of course, I rarely see him.
I will always remember that day. :*)
- I have a beautiful niece named Taylor.
And she’s almost 4!
And now she's almost 7, where does the time go!?
- I used to own and maintain one of the largest rat web sites on the Net.
Still own it but no longer maintain it. It’s in archival mode.
We merged RatPalace with our new PetResearch site.
- I am a recent Mac convert. I have an iMac and a MacBook that I love dearly.
They are still my babies – I’ve upgraded to the 20” iMac and added two 20” wide screen monitors on either side.
No more Macs. Got tired of them and switched to Linux Ubuntu - love, love, love it!
- When I was a kid my parents called me Daffy Dawn because I often asked stupid questions.
I still ask stupid questions and make stupid comments.
I'm older and wiser, but never immune to the blonde. ;)
- My junior year of high school I was grounded during spring break so I painted an Aladdin mural on my closet door.
Thankfully I’m too old to be grounded now. Now I have to do the grounding!
Now I'm done with the groundings, too!
- When we moved my parents brought the closet door with them....it is now framed and hanging in their basement.
I believe that door is still hanging in their basement.
And yes, it is still there!
- My living room is painted red and black and has Salvador Dali prints all over the walls.
It is now sage green with black trim. The walls are still blank because I haven’t gotten around to printing photos of backyard critters to frame and hang in the room. These are some of the photos we'll be choosing from.
My living room walls are all knotty pine - and I love them! No painting required!
- I can wiggle my eyeballs and freak people out.
- Until last year I never wore flip-flops because I couldn't stand anything between my toes.
I now own 4 pairs of flops – Croc and Reef flops are the best! Unfortunately Lois Lane ate my Reef flops, again.
I still love my Reef flops and am on my third and soon to be fourth pairs. Lois Lane ate my first two.
- Jason and I had a massive cake fight at our wedding...I started it.
This still makes me laugh.
I must find the DVD and watch this again. Our anniversary is Sunday.
- Stray and lost animals have a knack for finding me....I must have "SUCKER" stamped across my forehead.
We’ve managed to only acquire one mouse in need.
We've acquired another dog and gerbils.
- I never had a cavity until I was 23 years old.
I’ve now had 5 cavities.
Luckily, no more new cavities - though I am due for the dentist.
- Aside from having my wisdom teeth removed, I've never had any type of surgery.
Had one surgery in November of ’07 – I won’t go into detail.
Ok, this one was a doozy - I've had 3 surgeries in the past 4 years. Hopefully no more! Spoke way too soon on that one.
- I've broken the same toe 3 times.
Add a fractured elbow to the broken bone list. That freaking hurt!
Add two more breaks to the toe.
- I lost all my baby teeth by the time I got to third grade.
Haven’t lost anymore teeth.
Still have all my teef!
- I was the teacher's pet in the fourth grade.
Ahh so long ago.
- I have no musical talent whatsoever.
Like that’s ever going to change.
I attempted to learn to play guitar last year - gave up.
- I can't even snap my fingers.
Nope, no snapping for me.
It's a hopeless cause.
- I am directionally challenged and could probably get lost in my own backyard.
I think I’ll buy myself a GPS this year. I’d be much better off and save a lot of time.
Luckily my Incredible 2 phone has a great GPS built in.
- I plan to one day live in the middle of 20 acres of wooded land. Hopefully I won't get lost.
I’d like to up this to about 50 acres.
Goal met - almost! I live in the middle of 11 acres and we are looking into possibly buying the 7 acres next door to us.
- My husband wants 2 pet goats...and I'm ok with that.
When we get that farm we still plan to get goats.
The goats are in the works once we get a fence built.
- I'm afraid of clowns and still can't bring myself to read "It" by Stephen King.
”It” is still collecting dust on my bookshelf.
"It" is still on the bookshelf - I don't know why I keep it there."
- I sleep walk on a regular basis and often wake up in different rooms around the house.
On a weekly basis, probably. I actually unlocked and opened the back door last year. Luckily it was winter and the cold woke me up. I also managed to pull the bedroom bookcase over on top of me. I was dreaming I was being chased and climbing a fence.
Oddly, since we've moved into the new house I have pretty much stopped sleep walking.
- In the 13 years Jason and I have been together we have only had 3 major fights.
15 years and still only 3 major fights. We’re happy people.
18 years - still nothing major. Like I said, we're happy people.
- I don't like milk unless I'm eating something chocolate with it or if it's in cereal.
This ranks with cheese, though I try to drink more than I used to.
I pretty much never drink milk anymore. It's not really on my diet and I don't miss it a bit.
- Math and Chemistry were my worst subjects in school.
Thank goodness my job requires little to none of these subjects. I can handle basic math.
I think they would still be my worst subjects if I had to go back to school.
- My only D in high school was in Chemistry my Junior year.
No way to change this.
- After one more exam I will have my certification in General Insurance.
I still haven’t taken this last exam.
Never did take that exam, never will. I don't see myself getting back into the Insurance industry.
- I have been at my current job for almost 7 years.
Almost 9 years. Though I’ve had a title change to “eBusiness Developer”.
I was there for 10 years and 3 months before I left to work from home - and I love it!
- "Beautiful" by Este Lauder is my favorite perfume.
And I’m out of it!
Still my favorite - pretty much the only perfume I wear. Thank goodness Mom and Dad get me some almost every year for Christmas!
- I don't mind paying the price for Este Lauder products because they do not test on animals.
I hope this is still true. I don’t do a very good job of checking up on these things.
Still true last I looked.
- All of my dogs are rescues...only one is a pure breed, the rest are mutts.
We’re thinking about adopting another – possibly another blue heeler named Tess.
We ended up with Giant Dawg - Buddy - A great pyrenees / golden retriever mix. He's awesome! (Even though Jason tries to send him home with anyone that comes over)
- I have a cat (also a rescue) named Big Worm who hates me...I'm just his food source.
He’s still loitering around. He likes his warm cat house on the front porch. See Big Worm here.
Sadly Big Worm passed away about two weeks after we moved into the new house. He's buried beside Hardy and Blue in our little Pet Cemetery.
- My friends that live on the west coast think I have a "hick" accent...but I don't agree.
This probably gets worse the longer I live here.
I know this gets worse the longer I live here.
- I wore braces from 4th grade until 8th grade. My teeth are still straight.
Yup, still straight.
Still staying straight!
- I have glasses for reading, though only need them when I'm on the computer for 10+ hours at a time (which is very often).
I stopped wearing glasses for a while and then had to get a new prescription for a different reason last year.
Can not work on the computer or read for more than a half an hour without my glasses. Yup, getting old.
- I love to play the game Taboo, especially when Jason is my partner - we win almost every game.
We haven’t played this in forever.
Still haven't played in forever - still would whoop some bootie.
- My yard is very dull looking - I do not have a green thumb.
Jason, it seems, has a knack for gardening. Our yard is much prettier now and actually is landscaped!
Our new yard rocks! We are in the process of overhauling all of the landscaping and making pretty good progress.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to Survivor.
New season started last night!
Still watch and bet on every season. So far I've won 3 pools.
- I do not want any more children even if I never "have one of my own".
This is no longer possible anyway.
Done with that - all my live in children are furry!
- My most favorite food in the world is pizza.
Pizza! Though it's not in my diet plan. :/
- It took me over a month to write this.
Only took an hour to update. But it was fun!
Two days to update this time - what can I say, I'm a busy girl!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
This will be our second Waggin' Trail experience. Last year I took Giant Dawg so this year Lois Lane gets to go.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Jason and Ralph worked a good part of the day leveling out the dirt hill where the geo-thermal unit was installed last fall. We had to let the dirt hill sit for a few months to naturally fill in what was pulled out but had quite a bit left to level out. Now we just need to grow some grass over it so the dogs quit dragging mud all over the place when it rains.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
In mid-March we bought 10 two week old red pullet chicks so that we can soon have fresh, free-range, organic eggs and know the chickens they came from are very well taken care of and healthy. We kept them in the garage for a few weeks, but once they started to try to fly we knew we had to get their chicken coop built quick! A couple of weeks ago my dad came over to help Jason build the chickens a nice home. We already had a 10 x 10 dog pen for their run area and built the coop on the outside of the pen to give the chickens the most running space we could. ( All of this is also enclosed within a quarter acre 4 board horse fenced area with wire mesh - aka The Dog Yard. ) We based our plans from this coop and it turned out quite nicely! I still need to paint it, but these photos will give a good idea of how it was built and how it turned out. They seem to love it! We open their hatch every morning and put them back up every evening around sun-down. They pretty much put themselves back in the coop when we walk into the pen in the evenings, but sometimes we do have to capture a straggler or two. I can't wait for farm fresh eggs! Just a couple more months...
Monday, March 26, 2012
This is a muskrat that Jason rescued from our friend's swimming pool last Sunday. He apparently thought he was going to get a drink and maybe find a new home, then abruptly realized once he was in, he couldn't get back out!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
While helping to take care of a friend's dog over the weekend, I managed to get a quick shot with my phone to send to "Momma" who was away. This pretty girl is Molly, a beautiful Australian Cattle Dog mix who is as sweet as she is gorgeous!
Monday, March 5, 2012
Saturday I had five girlfriends over for a "big girl slumber party". We had a fantastic time - we ate good food, played some Wii dance, had a craft session in the craft loft and spent the majority of the evening soaking and chit-chatting in the hot tub. This is the view from the hot tub in the daylight. I can't wait until the leaves on the trees start coming back.
After our 70 degree day on Friday, this is what we woke up to this morning - boo! Pretty, but BOO! But tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's so that's ok.
After our 70 degree day on Friday, this is what we woke up to this morning - boo! Pretty, but BOO! But tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's so that's ok.
Monday, February 27, 2012
Over the weekend Goldie the Betta fish ( named by my 6 year old niece ) got a house upgrade from a gallon and a half vase to a lighted, Fluval Chi 5 gallon tank. With the extra space I decided to get him some guppie friends. So far he's not being aggressive towards them, but he was chasing them around before they got a chance to settle so he's currently in "time-out" until the guppies get their bearings. I also got a couple of ghost shrimp to see if he will be ok with shrimp - my last betta, Poe, was fine with them, but Jason's betta, Adolf, hunted them down and killed them. If he plays nice with them I will get some red fresh-water shrimp. These guys are just the guinea pigs of the tank ( sorry guys )!
This picture is before the guppies were added, but I'll post an update of them all once we see if they will swim in harmony. In the photo, Goldie is the blue blob hanging out in the bottom right corner.
Monday, February 20, 2012
The new saltwater tank is coming along quite nicely! Jason added in some new rock over the weekend that helped fill it up nicely and gives lots of new nooks and shelves for more corals. We have missed having the saltwater tank and are both happy to have one again. It's fun to sit and look for all the critters that hide in the rock - some we see on a daily basis, others only show themselves here and there. This isn't a very good photo, but it's the only photo I managed to take, thus it's my project photo for last week. I'll try to do better this week. ;)
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Another Kentucky snowy morning, barely. It was gone an hour later. We've had very little snow this year and most of our days have been in the 50's. I'm not complaining a bit!