Feb 13, 2007 vs. Feb 13, 2009 vs June 5, 2012
So it’s been 5 years since I wrote my original “100 Things About Me” and 3 years since I did an update. So now it's time to see what all has changed in the last several years. The black text is the original from 2007, the blue is the update from 2009 and the green is for 2012. Good for you if you make it to the end – this is a really long one!
- My first name is Christy but most of my family calls me Dawn (which is my middle name).
Yup, this is still the case.
And still the case, likely always will be, but I answer to both.
- I have the best husband in the whole, wide world!!
Definitely – hands down!
Always! Almost married 12 years now...together for 18.
- I've had pet rats for over 10 years...they're cute!
I don’t have pet rats anymore, though I miss them lots. However I have acquired three pet mice, so I’m not exactly rodent free. See mouse pictures here.
Still don't have rats again yet. Nor do I have mice. Now I have 6 gerbils! What can I say, I like rodents.
- I moved a lot growing up resulting in living in 4 different states and going to 8 different schools.
We may be adding a state to this list in the next few years, but that’s still just an idea we’re kicking around.
We didn't add a new state, but did add a new county and are hopefully in our forever home.
- I hate most types of cheese.
No change here – cheese, blech.
Miraculously, I'm beginning to like some cheeses - yay me!
- My college degree is a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration focusing on Computer Information Systems.
No change here – and the degree is still in full use.
Yup - and still in the computer field focusing on Web and SEO.
- I can easily sleep 12 hours every night (though rarely get a chance to).
Still a sleep fiend – still don’t get enough of it .
I don't think this will ever change, though I'm getting better at functioning on less sleep.
- I love organizing things...it's just fun...you should see my craft room.
Said craft room has barely been used in the last year – but it is still organized.
I should really organize a bit more - craft room got reorganized last year after I unpacked from the move.
- I love Arts and Crafts, I'll try out just about anything that looks interesting.
And one day I’ll have time to do this again.
Still love crafting, but in the winter time I get into it a little more than when it's pretty outside.
- Photography is a recent new hobby...my Nikon D50 is my friend.
Still a growing hobby, actually my hobby of choice in my free time. And I’ve upgrade the D50 to a D80 and have added a few more lenses, a light kit, a speedlight and a lot of miscellaneous gadgets to the mix. See my photos here.
I still dabble with wildlife photography when I get a chance. Still have the D80 though would love to upgrade one day when I have some money to blow.
- My fingernails and toenails are off limits - nothing touches them and certainly nothing goes under them.
Off limits! Though I did manage my first pedicure in the last two years thanks to my neighbor and good friend, Wendy. It wasn’t too bad, but not something I yearn to do.
I've gotten brave and had several pedicures in the last couple of years thanks to my good friend Christina!
- I have a blue belt in Kenpo karate.
Jason has informed me that we were up to our green belt when we stopped lessons. See how much I pay attention?
Never did get back into Kenpo aside from some Cardio workouts here and there.
- I own my own business which has recently become my second full time job.
And still is my second full time job! My goal it to only have one job here in the next few years.
Goal met! I quit my KFB job in October of 2010 to work for our company, Webfoo, Inc. I work with Jason every day from our home office and absolutely love it!
- I take my coffee with splenda and heavy cream.
Last year I discovered Mocha flavored splenda. So now chocolate coffee is my favorite! And I’ve ditched the heavy cream for regular creamer – not on low-carb anymore.
And I'm back to splenda and heavy cream again since we are on low-carb once again.
- My average body temperature is 96.8 - I'm always cold.
Unfortunately I don’t think this will ever change.
Still the case - still cold natured.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is the sound of people chewing their food.
I will never get over this. *urk*
Never, ever, ever will get over this.
- I legally adopted my daughter, Portia, in December of 2004. She is 14 years old.
Portia is now 16 – I haven’t disowned her yet. ;)
She's now 19 and moved out on her own. I'm old!
- I plan to retire by the time I am 40.
Yup – in the works.
Still in the works!
- I will only be 35 when Portia graduates high school.
As long as she doesn’t flunk a grade this will hold true – I think we’re safe!
She made it!
- I have a tattoo of a black panther on my right ankle.
Still there. Would like another, but not sure what yet. Or where.
Will be getting my new one in the next month - I know exactly what I want now.
- Due to the fact that I hate to shave, I had laser hair removal done on my legs, pits and bikini line.
Still shaving – this procedure diminished the amount of shaving required, but didn’t eliminate the need entirely.
Still shaving - still much better - will have it all done one day when I'm rich! ;)
- I'm always up for bartering for web work...that's how I got the laser hair removal.
I still do this within reason – but money is best. Afterall, it pays the bills.
Don't barter so much these days since it's our prime business. Though it doesn't mean we won't if it works out for both parties.
- I get allergy shots once a week.
I’m down to once every three weeks now.
I met my 5 years of shots and stopped them this year. Allergies are kicking back in again now that I've quit. Grr.
- I never had allergies until I moved back to Kentucky.
If we make that move they might go away again. Having the mice hasn’t helped.
I have to face it, I'm stuck with Ohio Valley and rodent allergies.
- Allergies suck.
- I'm a computer nerd.
It's kinda my job...I'm also a social media addict.
- There are 10 working computers in my house.
I believe this is still true – give or take.
I believe we are at 8 now. Plus two tablets.
- My cursive writing sucks, I always print.
Still true – I don’t even bother to write cursive unless signing my name.
Hate to cursive write - always print when I can.
- I have never been out of the country.
Still true – though I’d love to go to Australia.
Probably never will - but I did make it to California twice in the last two years.
- There is a 125 gallon reef tank in my living room.
Not anymore. We’ve downgraded to two 1-gallon beta bowls each with a single fish. You can see my fish, Poe, here.
We are now at a 75 gallon reef tank, a 5 gallon guppie tank and a 2 gallon betta bowl.
- All three of my dogs have birthdays that fall on holidays.
And all three are alive and well. And we’re pondering adding another to the mix. You can see my pups here! :)
We had to say goodbye to Blue two weeks ago. Buddy was our fourth. Now it's just him and Lois Lane.
- I started chewing on my fingernails in kindergarten and still do.
Still do, though try not to.
Still a very bad habit.
- I drive a Ford Escape.
The Escape now belongs to Portia. I now drive a Ford F-150 pickup and LOVE it.
Ended up selling the Escape. Still driving the F-150 and hopefully buying my parent's SportTrac when they are ready to sell it.
- I love snow but hate the cold.
Still true – and another reason for pondering a move further south.
Funny, we moved a tad bit north. Still hate cold.
- Beer is my alcohol of choice...rum and diet coke is a close second.
Mmmm beer. Like white zinfandel wine as well.
Love my beer. More of a vodka and sprite these days though.
- I wear a bite guard at night because I grind my teeth.
I do still grind my teeth, but since having my porcelain crown replaced with a gold one, I no longer need the bite guard. (I broke the porcelain one in 3 pieces – my dentist said I needed a more durable crown).
Had to start wearing my bite guard again - then I left it out and one of the dogs ate it. So now I don't have one.
- I hate to talk on the phone.
Still true – I’d rather chat on IM. I can multi-task a little better that way.
Yup - I love the invention of texting!
- I have been pulled over 4 times but have never gotten a ticket.
I’ve managed to be a good driver the last two years – no more pull overs.
Knock on wood - haven't been pulled over in the last 5 years.
- Three of the four times I was pulled over for turning left on red.
Haven’t done that anymore either.
I learned my lesson on this one.
- I love to read.
Love it, just not much time for it. I joined a book club but have missed the last two meetings. My book list is here.
Still love to read, especially now that I have a Kindle!
- I collect rat figurines.
Not so much anymore.
Nope, not anymore.
- One of my cousin's played football for the University of Louisville.
And he’s getting married this year! Congrats Matt!
And now he's married and coaching in PA!
- I have 5 email addresses that I use on a daily basis.
I’m down to four now.
Umm back up to 5, sometimes more if you count client emails I have.
- When I eat apples I also eat the core...seeds and all.
Still like those apple cores.
Yup, and now we are growing our own apple trees. Many cores to eat!
- I hate doing laundry.
I don’t think you can learn to like doing laundry. But I did get a new dryer that kicks booty.
Laundry has gotten better since the new house has a laundry chute and I only have to carry clothes back up one set of stairs.
- I don't cook - Jason is the cook in the family.
Thank goodness for Jason or I’d have starved to death by now. :P
I've been trying to cook a little more - still don't care for it though.
- I have been involved in a hit and run accident - luckily the guy was a moron
and I got his plate number.
And got a nice settlement for it too – hello screened in porch!
No more wrecks! (Again, knock on wood). I do miss my porch at the old house. Ironically, we have a guy coming out today to quote us on a new one at the new house.
- I can't sleep with socks on.
Nope, not possible unless it’s 42 degrees in the house, such as last month during our ice storm provoked two day power outage.
Not unless I absolutely have to!
- I love writing with colored ink pens - purple is my favorite.
I’ve recently found that colored thin point sharpies are the best, even if they are stinky.
I still have a ton of colored ink pens. Paper Mate Ink Joy is my new favorite brand.
- My co-workers bring me empty kleenex boxes to give to my rats to play in.
Not anymore – no ratties and the mice don’t shred them as quick as the rats did.
Gerbils love boxes too - but no more co-workers to get them from. They get 12-pack coke cartons instead.
- I love to eat raw biscuit dough.
Jason always saves me one uncooked biscuit. Did I mention that he’s the best?
Much to my friend's disgust, I still love raw biscuit dough. Jason still saves me some. :)
- I can barely stand to watch tv without my TiVo...commercials suck.|
The TiVo is still hanging in there.
With the analog channels gone, thus so is the TiVo. Now we have an Insight DVR and it pretty much sucks.
- My favorite outfits consist of comfortable jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.
Still my fav – and now we get 2 jeans Friday’s a month at work. Woot!
These days my attire consists of mostly PJs since I commute from the main floor to the basement office. Classy!
- I hate to shop...unless it's for craft supplies.
Replace craft supplies with photography equipment.
Still like shopping for craft and photography supplies - and lately household decor for the new house.
- I practically live on my screened in porch in the summer.
I can’t wait until summer. Thanks to hurricane Ike and the latest ice storm we now have to replace two panels of screen.
As mentioned, still no porch, but working on getting that started with a quote today.
- I love to water ski but refuse to snow ski.
But would love to go tube sledding!
Still refuse to snow ski. Would love to water ski again though.
- When I was 6 years old I made my brother eat a dandelion. I told him it tasted like peanut butter.
Now he has a kid to do these goofy things.
It hurts my heart to say Jeremy left to be with the angels this past October. I think of him every single day. :(
- I stopped picking on my brother when he was big enough to pick me up and turn me upside down.
I still don’t pick on him- of course, I rarely see him.
I will always remember that day. :*)
- I have a beautiful niece named Taylor.
And she’s almost 4!
And now she's almost 7, where does the time go!?
- I used to own and maintain one of the largest rat web sites on the Net.
Still own it but no longer maintain it. It’s in archival mode.
We merged RatPalace with our new PetResearch site.
- I am a recent Mac convert. I have an iMac and a MacBook that I love dearly.
They are still my babies – I’ve upgraded to the 20” iMac and added two 20” wide screen monitors on either side.
No more Macs. Got tired of them and switched to Linux Ubuntu - love, love, love it!
- When I was a kid my parents called me Daffy Dawn because I often asked stupid questions.
I still ask stupid questions and make stupid comments.
I'm older and wiser, but never immune to the blonde. ;)
- My junior year of high school I was grounded during spring break so I painted an Aladdin mural on my closet door.
Thankfully I’m too old to be grounded now. Now I have to do the grounding!
Now I'm done with the groundings, too!
- When we moved my parents brought the closet door with them....it is now framed and hanging in their basement.
I believe that door is still hanging in their basement.
And yes, it is still there!
- My living room is painted red and black and has Salvador Dali prints all over the walls.
It is now sage green with black trim. The walls are still blank because I haven’t gotten around to printing photos of backyard critters to frame and hang in the room. These are some of the photos we'll be choosing from.
My living room walls are all knotty pine - and I love them! No painting required!
- I can wiggle my eyeballs and freak people out.
- Until last year I never wore flip-flops because I couldn't stand anything between my toes.
I now own 4 pairs of flops – Croc and Reef flops are the best! Unfortunately Lois Lane ate my Reef flops, again.
I still love my Reef flops and am on my third and soon to be fourth pairs. Lois Lane ate my first two.
- Jason and I had a massive cake fight at our wedding...I started it.
This still makes me laugh.
I must find the DVD and watch this again. Our anniversary is Sunday.
- Stray and lost animals have a knack for finding me....I must have "SUCKER" stamped across my forehead.
We’ve managed to only acquire one mouse in need.
We've acquired another dog and gerbils.
- I never had a cavity until I was 23 years old.
I’ve now had 5 cavities.
Luckily, no more new cavities - though I am due for the dentist.
- Aside from having my wisdom teeth removed, I've never had any type of surgery.
Had one surgery in November of ’07 – I won’t go into detail.
Ok, this one was a doozy - I've had 3 surgeries in the past 4 years. Hopefully no more! Spoke way too soon on that one.
- I've broken the same toe 3 times.
Add a fractured elbow to the broken bone list. That freaking hurt!
Add two more breaks to the toe.
- I lost all my baby teeth by the time I got to third grade.
Haven’t lost anymore teeth.
Still have all my teef!
- I was the teacher's pet in the fourth grade.
Ahh so long ago.
- I have no musical talent whatsoever.
Like that’s ever going to change.
I attempted to learn to play guitar last year - gave up.
- I can't even snap my fingers.
Nope, no snapping for me.
It's a hopeless cause.
- I am directionally challenged and could probably get lost in my own backyard.
I think I’ll buy myself a GPS this year. I’d be much better off and save a lot of time.
Luckily my Incredible 2 phone has a great GPS built in.
- I plan to one day live in the middle of 20 acres of wooded land. Hopefully I won't get lost.
I’d like to up this to about 50 acres.
Goal met - almost! I live in the middle of 11 acres and we are looking into possibly buying the 7 acres next door to us.
- My husband wants 2 pet goats...and I'm ok with that.
When we get that farm we still plan to get goats.
The goats are in the works once we get a fence built.
- I'm afraid of clowns and still can't bring myself to read "It" by Stephen King.
”It” is still collecting dust on my bookshelf.
"It" is still on the bookshelf - I don't know why I keep it there."
- I sleep walk on a regular basis and often wake up in different rooms around the house.
On a weekly basis, probably. I actually unlocked and opened the back door last year. Luckily it was winter and the cold woke me up. I also managed to pull the bedroom bookcase over on top of me. I was dreaming I was being chased and climbing a fence.
Oddly, since we've moved into the new house I have pretty much stopped sleep walking.
- In the 13 years Jason and I have been together we have only had 3 major fights.
15 years and still only 3 major fights. We’re happy people.
18 years - still nothing major. Like I said, we're happy people.
- I don't like milk unless I'm eating something chocolate with it or if it's in cereal.
This ranks with cheese, though I try to drink more than I used to.
I pretty much never drink milk anymore. It's not really on my diet and I don't miss it a bit.
- Math and Chemistry were my worst subjects in school.
Thank goodness my job requires little to none of these subjects. I can handle basic math.
I think they would still be my worst subjects if I had to go back to school.
- My only D in high school was in Chemistry my Junior year.
No way to change this.
- After one more exam I will have my certification in General Insurance.
I still haven’t taken this last exam.
Never did take that exam, never will. I don't see myself getting back into the Insurance industry.
- I have been at my current job for almost 7 years.
Almost 9 years. Though I’ve had a title change to “eBusiness Developer”.
I was there for 10 years and 3 months before I left to work from home - and I love it!
- "Beautiful" by Este Lauder is my favorite perfume.
And I’m out of it!
Still my favorite - pretty much the only perfume I wear. Thank goodness Mom and Dad get me some almost every year for Christmas!
- I don't mind paying the price for Este Lauder products because they do not test on animals.
I hope this is still true. I don’t do a very good job of checking up on these things.
Still true last I looked.
- All of my dogs are rescues...only one is a pure breed, the rest are mutts.
We’re thinking about adopting another – possibly another blue heeler named Tess.
We ended up with Giant Dawg - Buddy - A great pyrenees / golden retriever mix. He's awesome! (Even though Jason tries to send him home with anyone that comes over)
- I have a cat (also a rescue) named Big Worm who hates me...I'm just his food source.
He’s still loitering around. He likes his warm cat house on the front porch. See Big Worm here.
Sadly Big Worm passed away about two weeks after we moved into the new house. He's buried beside Hardy and Blue in our little Pet Cemetery.
- My friends that live on the west coast think I have a "hick" accent...but I don't agree.
This probably gets worse the longer I live here.
I know this gets worse the longer I live here.
- I wore braces from 4th grade until 8th grade. My teeth are still straight.
Yup, still straight.
Still staying straight!
- I have glasses for reading, though only need them when I'm on the computer for 10+ hours at a time (which is very often).
I stopped wearing glasses for a while and then had to get a new prescription for a different reason last year.
Can not work on the computer or read for more than a half an hour without my glasses. Yup, getting old.
- I love to play the game Taboo, especially when Jason is my partner - we win almost every game.
We haven’t played this in forever.
Still haven't played in forever - still would whoop some bootie.
- My yard is very dull looking - I do not have a green thumb.
Jason, it seems, has a knack for gardening. Our yard is much prettier now and actually is landscaped!
Our new yard rocks! We are in the process of overhauling all of the landscaping and making pretty good progress.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to Survivor.
New season started last night!
Still watch and bet on every season. So far I've won 3 pools.
- I do not want any more children even if I never "have one of my own".
This is no longer possible anyway.
Done with that - all my live in children are furry!
- My most favorite food in the world is pizza.
Pizza! Though it's not in my diet plan. :/
- It took me over a month to write this.
Only took an hour to update. But it was fun!
Two days to update this time - what can I say, I'm a busy girl!