Saturday, May 4, 2013

Taco Dip Recipe


Taco Dip RecipeAll of our friends call this "Crack Dip" because it is SO. FREAKING. GOOD!  I make it for almost
all of our get-togethers.  I have found that it has become expected of me and when I don't make it I get lots of pouts.  This is something my mom taught me how to make when I was in high school and often my friends would come over after school and we would make this and chow down.  Out of the goodness of my heart, I'm providing the recipe below. It's very easy, very cheap and very good!


Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces Cream Cheese 
  • 8 ounces Sour Cream
  • 1 package El Paso Taco Seasoning (I use Mild)
  • 1 - 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
  • 3 cups Shredded Cheese (I use the Mexican or Fiesta blend)
  • Grape Tomatoes - halved 
  • Tortilla Chips

Directions:

  1. In a medium bowl blend cream cheese until smooth. 

  2. Blend in sour cream until smooth.

  3. Blend in taco seasoning until mixed well.

  4. Spread base mixture on a platter and smooth with the back of a spoon until platter is mostly covered.

  5. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over the mixture.

  6. Sprinkle all of the shredded lettuce.

  7. Sprinkle another layer of shredded cheese.

  8. Add tomato slices.

  9. Add another fine layer of shredded cheese.

  10. Serve with nacho chips normally - but for low carb scoop with pork rinds, celery or another low-carb vehicle.
You can also add in any other toppings such as olives, onions, etc, but I keep it simple for the masses. Chill in the refrigerator if not being served right away.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment