- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (red or white)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the hamburger with the chopped onion
- Drain the fat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the meat in a greased 9-10 inch pie plate.
- Stir in half of the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream and a dash of pepper well; pour evenly over the meat.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings
Can be frozen
Serving Suggestion: For a true White Castle experience, top each serving with dill pickles and mustard. Or, make a sauce of dill pickle relish and mustard.