Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Decorative Fabric Pumpkin



My second sewing project went MUCH better than the first baby-bib project attempt - so much better it can actually be displayed in my home as a decorative piece, as intended.

I'm a PInterest fiend and I came across this cute Fabric Pumpkin sewing tutorial by Danielle Thompson and had enough of the necessary supplies to give it a try.  It was very simple and the only supply I did not have was the plastic yarn needle, which as Danielle states, would have made this project much easier. I will have to get one of those as I plan to make more of these.

I ended up using an 18" x 9" piece of fabric, which resulted in an ending pumpkin size of roughly 17" around and 7" tall ( including the felt stem ) - a perfect size for decor on an end table or shelf. The fabric I used was a light linen. I don't know who makes the fabric as it came from a rummage box of remnants I purchased. The stem is made of a cream colored felt. I topped it off with an orange shimmery ribbon from my ribbon stash and some autumn artificial berry stems that I swiped from another autumn arrangement I have out for the season.

I like that the fabric I used is neutral and the ribbon and berries can be swapped with other colors and items for different seasons, allowing it to remain as a decorative piece year round.


2 comments: