Friday, March 12, 2010

Gall Bladder Removal Recovery

I'm happy to say that the gall bladder removal was successful!  Though my belly button will never be the same again since that was the exit for the gall bladder and all the stones, including one that was the diameter of a quarter.  Oh well, one more excuse to avoid bikinis!  Recovery is going well.  Just a little bit of discomfort that the pain pills mostly take care of.  Still bloated with the gas they pumped in me and I think once that's gone I'll feel much better.  I camped out on the couch yesterday and likely will be doing the same today, but at least today I'm almost fully coherent and not falling asleep every 20 minutes.


Also, I didn't get a chance to post my last two project photos before I went to surgery, so here they are. I had the good idea to get yesterday's photo that morning knowing I would not be in the shape to do so after I got home!


Knock Back a Cold One: 69/365
This is a beer stein I bought and etched a dragon on for myself.  I was born in the Year of the Dragon.  I also made Jason a tiger stein for his birth year, though I think his is collecting dust on his desk shelf.
Knock Back a Cold One - 69/365


A Storm is Brewing: 70/365
And this one I took yesterday morning before heading to the hospital. I thought I was going to miss the first storm of the year (I love thunderstorms, minus tornadoes), but this storm ended up passing us by. It made for some nice clouds though!
A Storm is Brewing - 70/365

No comments:

Post a Comment