Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getting the Camper Ready for Spring


Today got up to a balmy 60 degrees so I skipped out of work a bit early and opened up the camper.  At the end of last season, from our single trip we made, it was quite a mess.  We've purchased a lot of items for the camper and they all just kind of got thrown in there for the winter.  So today I plugged it up, put the slide out, opened some windows and started organizing.

I cleaned out  the refrigerator, which had acquired some mildew. I organized all the cabinets and drawers with organizing baskets. I put new sheets and the new comforter on the bed ( I just had to get rid of the horrendously ugly flowered bedspread - now I just need to figure out what to do with the equally ugly window valences ). I did some general cleaning to remove leaves and other debris that got tracked in by us and the dogs during our very leafy trip in November.  I hung up a calendar so we can track our trips - and because it's a pretty scenic calendar that helps make the camper look a little more home-ish.  I organized the storage areas under the camper so everything is easy to find and access and stowed away all small, loose items in baskets. And I put away all the kitchen gadgets, candles, tablecloths and other accessories I have been purchasing throughout the winter.

And now, I'm very much ready to go camping!  Come on spring!
Unorganized Mess















New bedspread to replace the one that used to match the window valances - yuck!





No comments:

Post a Comment